Sunday, January 07, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy

Wow, I haven't posted in a long, looong time. I have been super busy, right after I did the shoot with Isidore I jumped right into that USC thesis that went for a week until Christmas. I was working with my cinematographer friend Chris Hall and my cool Swiss gaffer friend Roman. Chris, Roman and I had all worked on this music video earlier in the summer, it was funny when I got picked up by Chris and Roman on the day we had to load in the rental equipment because the first thing Chris says is, "The gang is back together!" We laughed.
The shoot went well, we were on location in LA for the week before Christmas which included a house out in Chino, a photo studio in Hollywood, a lake in the Hollywood Hills and the ice rink down in Torrance which we used the J.L. Fisher ice skates on the dolly! Roman, Chris and I were super excited because for years now we've seen the ice skates in the Fisher catalogue and we've always wanted to use them! I'll be posting pictures and video of it soon.
Christmas was good, I asked for a bunch of practical gifts this year, which makes much more sense asking for things I need then things that I just want. Andrew and I suited up for midnight mass... it was legend... wait for it... dary(*you won't get this unless you watch How I Met our Mother but trust me- it's funny)
After Christmas I flew back and the cast and crew went down t San Clemente for 2 weeks. The director's parents rented a house next door to theirs so the crew piled into the two houses for the shoot... another muppet house shoot! Almost everyone went back up to LA for New Years except for me and the director and his family, so we all stayed up to midnight and then went to bed because we were so exhausted from the shoot.
The rest of the shoot went well, we had some awesome looking lighting and some beautiful shots. Then, Roman and I drove up after the last day and returned all the equipment. I am very proud to say that Roman and I did not loose anything and there were only two items damaged through the whole shoot, which is amazing for a student production!
It has been a long but fun past three weeks.

PhillM tip-of-the-day:
When on locations for a shoot for a week or more, try to bring two pairs of shoes and switch off pairs every other day... your feet with feel better in the end.

No comments: