Thursday, October 18, 2007

Travel Pictures

I have gone through all of my pictures and have found some great pictures from my trip to New York. Here are a few panoramic pictures I took:



<>



PhillM tip-of-the-day:
Some students asked my today for advice on choosing film schools and I told them this, in the end: film school is film school and the same complaints people had at San Francisco State are the same complaints I hear from people at USC, NYU, Columbia, Full Sail, AFI, UCLA, Chapman, Brooks, Art Institute and so on. Of course these schools(and complaints) are different in degrees, but I found that the trick is that what ever school you go to- you will get out of it what you put into it. Yes, some schools have many sound stages, or top of the line lights or cameras, or even a backlot... but sometimes the less you have the better you have to be to be successful. This means that it is possible to come out with a degree from a state school having gotten a better education then from USC, AFI or NYU... but it's up to you to make that happen.

No comments: