Monday, July 13, 2009

Downtown Holga Adventure

I recently went on a Holga adventure to Downtown LA and Chinatown with my friends Mike Di Ricco and Chris Babers. We headed out a few hours before sunset and walked around Chinatown(though we were distracted by the DWP fountains) until the sun went down and then I shot a roll of night shots. I was nervous because the only other night or long exposure stuff I shot did not come out very well. But this time I was more prepared and had a great location to capture. Here are some of my favorites:

Old Chinese Man by PhillM
Old Chinese Man




Zen Under South Grand by PhillM
Zen Under South Grand




Dumpster Divers by PhillM
Dumpster Divers




Chris Babers Broken Frame by PhillM
Chris Babers Broken Frame




You can see all my Holga pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/15005161@N06/sets/72157621011302401/

PhillM tip-of-the-day:
There is an old saying, "Sometimes the best light on set is the one that you turn off." It's true. Sometimes the best lighting I've done is the result of turn lights off rather then turning on more.

No comments: