Thursday, October 05, 2006

Best Day Ever!

Ok, so besides having a great day 2 for the Psycho Hillbilly movie and meeting some really great people, I got some good news! First of all, I got a call from this cinematographer from LA Film School who is shooting a thesis film and she got my name and number from a co-worker at Mole, Janice Pearson. I G/Eed for Janice on the first shoot that I worked on down here, and AFI thesis(also where I met Rob Toth, the DP for Psycho Hillbilly) that she was gaffing. The LA Film School cinematographer wanted Janice to do it, but Janice has to travel for Mole and recommended me for the job as gaffer! So I just called her back and we're meeting up tomorrow to go over the schedule... oh, and it's paid! I am for sure going to get $500, but she wants to bump it up to $1,000 and it is just down the street literally, so that was good news.
Then, as if I could get more excited, Larry(my boss) gives me a call. It turns out that the ASC is having a party to announce this years nominees for their ASC award(equal if not more prestigious then an Oscar because you are being recognized by your peers) in a few weekends and they've asked Larry and Mole to do the lighting for it. So Larry asked me and this other intern guy, Chun Ming, to do it. This is a big deal because not only do I get to go to the ASC clubhouse(which you must be invited to get in) but there is a string possibility of being invited to the actual party! This means I get to rub elbows with the top DPs in the world and remind them that I have met them at Mole during so-and-so's class and give them my card! I am sooooo excited!
Well, time to eat, clean and then sleep(my mom is stopping by tomorrow, so I need to clean)

PhillM tip-of-the-day:
Never(try not to) let your generator get bellow 1/4 tank, it will start sucking up all the sediment and other crap resting at the bottom of the tank. Always keep your eye on it and refill once it hits about 3/4 empty... DON'T(try not to) go into the red or reserve on the fuel gauge.

No comments: