Friday, August 18, 2006

Boston- Day 3

Wow, sorry for not blogging in a while. I don't have internet connection here, let alone time to write. So here is a quick update, I promise I'll write a very detailed blog once I get back(I've been taking notes). So I flew out on the 15th, I missed my 7:00AM flight so I took the 10:20AM one. Rob Meyer's(the director) mom picked me up from the airport and we went back to their house where I spent the night.

The next day, my birthday(the 16th), the key grip(Brian) and I drove to High Output, the rental house we got the gear from, to pick up everything. We got lost, so the 30 minute drive took up 1 1/2 hours... and we were there from 10:30AM to 7:30PM... so it was an all day thing, checking equipment and making sure we got what we needed. Dinner was around 8:00 and we were about to go to bed when the camera truck came up, so I stayed up and said hi to Connor(the 1st AC) who I recommended for the job. I knew Connor from SFSU.

The 17th was day 1, no lights, only grip. We shot exteriors on two houses. It was a slow day because of a small crew, but we were coming together. Especially because we all woke up and had breakfast as a crew; we're all staying at the Meyer's house. Day 1 was fun, a little bumpy, but we'll be ok.

Today was more grip and no lighting, exteriors, easy because all we had to do was use bead board to add a little fill. Then the fun stuff, our tiny crew was cut in half because we had to rid the car trailer that was going to pull the picture car. The first lights that I got to put us for this thing turned out very successful!

But I am tired, I'll post pictures when I get back. Good night.

PhillM tip-of-the-day:
Crew eats first! Let your crew eat first, I know it feels rude to be the first in line, but the crew NEEDS to eat first because they are the first ones that HAVE to be back on set. So the next time you are directing something, make sure the crew eats first, cuz chances are that they will keep working even after you call lunch.

1 comment:

Gungirl said...

Is this the same Connor that was camera operator for "Closing Time"? If so, that is so cool of you to recommend him! You never cease to amaze me, Phill