Tuesday, August 08, 2006

More Boston

Today we had that class from Brook's on the stage. We ended up doing power distribution: we ran banded cable, 2/0 and 4/0 cable and we showed the difference between spiders and distro boxes and lunch boxes, etc. It was good because I did a pretty good job testing myself- getting ready for Boston.

Speaking of which, I read the script today and met the Rob, the DP. We looked at the locations, went over the equipment list, and he walked me through some concept photographs. It turns out... we're shooting in the new England Aquarium! So we have a huge dark space and a small budget to light it up... but the only thing that I am really worried about is not having enough cable.

We're even shooting in the penguin pools, so I am under orders to get bring back one of these...

...and I want to bring back some of this because they are sooo good......and I'll have to definitely ay hello to these guys for sure because I haven't seen them since I was a little kid.

So I came home from Mole and hung out. I stopped off at Amoeba Music to see if I could find the new... well, only Swell Season Album. I had almost given up hope when I stopped at the information desk. It took the girl a while to find it, but it turns out that the album hasn't been released in the US yet! Yay! That means I can get when it does come out!

PhillM tip-of-the-day:
A good rule of thumb for the number of sandbags to put on a stand is this: the number of raisers= the number of bags. So if you out up one raiser, you use one bag, two raisers: two bags, and three raisers means three bags. Not everyone does this, especially because on student shoots there are only so many sand bags, but just keep it in mind.

No comments: