Monday, August 14, 2006

This Weekend...

Sorry for not blogging in a while. I was up north in San Francisco for the weekend. Becca showed up early on Thursday with her parents, they thought our apartment was super cute. We left around 8:30 and made it about 5 1/2 hours, not bad. It felt soooo good to be back in the bay area. People just seem to age better up in northern California. We dropped Becca off at her place and then cruised on over to the condo, finding Joe there on his lunch break. We hung out for a bit and then we went downtown to meet up with our friend Chris and his girlfriend Jen visiting from Texas. I got Karolina some roses and surprised her at work.
We went to Foley's for a bit and then Karolina and I took the bus down to Calafoods on California St. while Andrew, Chris, and Jen waited for Eric Olney, who was barting into Powell station. We all met back at the condo and made a big Italian dinner. Becca came over, completing the group which included Joe, Adam, Andrew, Chris, Jen, Laurnan, Karolina and me. The food was good, the conversation was better, and even Sofia was having a great time! We all went out to Edinburgh Castle for drinks for a bit, but nobody stayed out for too long.

Friday was relaxed. Karolina had work, so I went into Alameda to get fitted for my suit! I was excited! I picked out a black fabric with muted pin stripes, very fashionable. My dad and I drove out to Spenser and Matt's office, a totally awesome brick building in Oakland with a tiki-style lobby! I gave them the Mole shirts and some other stuff for the van, they were excited. I hung out in Alameda for the rest of the day and then met up with Karolina at Crate&Barrel... she made we wait with here till it was time for her to close the registers at 8:00! I went home and ordered Chinese food from the Wok Shop! Yay! We went to bed early...

...and woke up early on Saturday. I ran over to school real quick to get some flash cards from Ben and then I met Karolina down town to go shopping for my birthday. We ended up getting me some jeans(I told her she didn't have to) from Macy's and then we met up with Joe at Powell. We barted in and finished setting up for the party. Everyone came and hung out, it was a lot of fun. There were sooooo many people there, everybody came! We hung out, talked, ate good food, and then played Pictionary towards the end... Joe and I lost; came in last place, but it was fun. Then Karolina, Laurnan and I got a ride back into the city from Sam.

We got up kinda early on Sunday and loaded up the car when my Mom came over. She drove up to Andrews and we loaded up his car with my computer and a bunch of Crate&Barrel stuff that Karolina got for us. We left around 12:30... and it took us 10 hours to get down to LA because of a fire on the grapevine. So we got in around 10:30, so we unpacked and then just went to bed.

Today, Karolina and I woke up way late and walked down to Mann's for a late brunch. We went to a crepe place and then walked around looking at the handprints, the stars, and the shops. We met back up with Andrew on our way back. We went to the Grove and got some more stuff from Carte&Barrel (see a pattern?) and walked around a bit. Then Karolina and I hung out at the apartment watching TV and her Netflix DVD of (gag)Laguna Beach. Well, time for bed, I got a flight early in the morning!

PhillM tip-of-the-day:
When raising or lowering a stand(c-stand, light stand, or any other stand) remember this: raise from the top, lower from the bottom. So raise starting with the top raiser and work your way down through the other raisers. When you lower the stand, start with the bottom raiser and work your way back up.

No comments: