Friday, August 04, 2006

Who Wants to be a Superhero?

Ok, ok, ok... Andrew and I discovered the COOLEST show on TV. It's on the Sci-Fi channel on Thursdays at 9:00pm and it is called... drum roll please... Who Wants to be a Superhero? It is full of awesomely cheesy special effects and corny missions that the superheros have to complete... but man is it addicting!

Today was a lazy morning. We are having issues with our shower head, so the plumbers were here fixing the shower. Andrew went to his internship and then he picked my up and we went to Studio Depot and Mole. I had to get my picture taken for my ID and we also had to pick up some green screen fabric for the shoot this weekend. Andrew also picked up a pair of some nice, new Setwear Hot-hand gloves, my employee discount making it very much worth it. I mean, who can say no to the smile of that guy who let me use his picture on my ID?

Tonight I went to Roscoe's with a director friend of mine, Patrick Newman. He's the Events Coordinator for the Cinema Collective up at San Francisco State University(my good ol' alma mater) and he just finished shooting his first film this summer. I was privileged enough to read the script before shooting began and was also fortunate enough to get to grip/gaff on a couple of days of shooting. Here is his trailer, and all I gotta say is: "Michael Mann better take some pointers from this guy! Wow!" [Patrick, you can use that on the DVD box if you want]

No comments: