Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The 4th

So today was the 4th of July. Andrew(my super cool roomie/best friend since the 5th grade) and I woke up at a reasonable time, got some coffee and headed down to Torrance to visit Becca and her folks. We got to Becca's place around 1:00 and had an awesome BBQ with her parents. The hotdogs were perfect, the corn was just right, and the garlic bread that Becca had prepared was burnt to a crisp. We ate and watched most of the Italy v Germany match.


So after we ate, we drove down to Hermosa beach and walked around. I have never seen so many people on one beach like that, there were hundreds of people! We went to one bar to catch the remainder of the soccer game. Italy scored two goals in the last two minutes of double overtime and the place we were at exploded in cheers and tears as the game finally ended. We ended up going to a second bar before deciding to find me a pair of sunglasses(which I needed badly).


We walked around to a few shops on the hunt for the best looking of the cheap sunglasses. There were many, many ugly pairs, but we finally found some that work with my long hair. We then went to get pizza at this little pizza place that Becca's dad claims to be the closest to New York style pizza in Hermosa(and, trust me, he knows his pizza). Becca ran into some of her old high school friends, but didn't introduce me and Andrew to them; probably wanting to avoid any embarrassing moments on our part.


After pizza, we went to another sports bar and played a bit of darts(well, I didn't play) and then some pool(again, I just watched Becca almost beat the pants off of Andrew...jk). Then the sun came out so we went to the beach and tried to catch the remaining sun rays. After about an hour, we got up, got ice cream and went to find Becca's parents. Andrew and I were pretty tired at this point so we dropped her off where her parents were parked to watch the fire works and headed to LAX to get Jenna. However, we realized her flight would not come in for another hour and decided to come home instead.


It was a fun day, I enjoyed the sun shine, the people, and the many star-and-stripe bathing suits.

No comments: