Monday, July 03, 2006

One Year in La La- An Introductions

Hello, Hello.


So this blog marks the beginning of my one year adventure in Los Angeles. That's right, folks: Hollywood! I have moved down to LA over this summer and will spend one year down here learning as much as I can about the LA film industry in order to return to the San Francisco bay area with the knowledge I need to start a studio... hopefully:)


So a little about me and why I decided to come down when I did? I just graduated this May of '06 with a Bachelors in Art degree in Cinema from San Francisco State University. I ended up getting an internship with Mole-Richardson, THE #1 brand of lighting in the industry and, my personal favorite lighting brand. I am now working directly under Mr. Larry Mole Parker, the grandson of lighting genius Peter Mole. So I decided(rather quickly, I admit) to move down and crash with my best-friend-since-the-5th-grade Andrew Richards, who lives right next to USC. Andrew just graduated from SC's Motion Picture and Television dept.


So I have been down here for a few weeks now and have been having a lot of fun. I'm keeping myself busy with my internship at Mole and other fun things like the Cinegear expo. I will try and post an update on my adventure as things(perhaps even some film) develop. I'm not much of a writer, but I will do my best to keep you all updated! Good bye for now.

No comments: