Thursday, July 27, 2006

Thursday @ the Movies

Today was my day off from Mole. Larry and I prepped a little yesterday for Laszlo Kovacs(Ghostbusters, New York, New York) on Friday. Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that Larry introduced me to a cinematographer friend of his, a guy named Stephen Burum. He's done a few little pictures like: Mission to Mars, Hoffa, Mystery Men, Mission: Impossible, The Untouchables, Rumble Fish, The Outsiders, War of the Roses, Something Wicked This Way Comes, oh, and second unit on this little indie film named Apocalypse Now.

After sleeping in today, I went to Norris with Andrew for a screening of Hustle and Flow and also a preview screening of Oliver Stone's new picture World Trade center. It, actually, was a very good movie; I liked it because it was a small story about two guys rather then the events of September 11th. It was a little weird coming from Oliver Stone, though, because it didn't have a lot of politics in it. But I liked it... and there were amazing CG effects. The only reason I knew what was CG was because the Twin Towers are not there anymore.

PhillM tip-of-the-day:
When plugging in anything anywhere(light to a lunchbox, lunchbox to a distro box, banded cable to distro box, extension cable to extension cable), make sure that you don't have a knee(or anything else besides the rubber soles of your shoes) on the ground because if there is a dead short anywhere then you become the path of least resistance to the ground for the electricity.

No comments: