Sunday, July 30, 2006

Movin In

So Saturday Andrew and his dad and I continued moving in to the new Gordon street apartment. The night on the pull out sofa wasn't that bad. We made one massive trip to the Walton apartment and got the rest of our stuff and cleaned.

Andrew's bed arrived on Saturday, too. After a very long day, I stayed at the new apartment to organize the kitchen while Andrew and his dad went to Norris theater at USC because Andrew had to project some thesis films.

Sunday we slept in and relaxed. Andrew's dad left early in morning(before I was awake). He headed over to Norris for a screening and Q&A of the Office. It was cool, the guys who play Ryan the Temp and Toby the HR guy were part of the panel with another writer, a producer, and a driector.

After the screening we headed over to Jenna's for dinner, but due to a communication error I ended up just cooking at my new apartment(which I was dying to do, actually, so I was happy).

PhillM tip-of-the-day:
I know a lot of people know this already, but just in case... when dealing with a c-stand, always make sure that the "fat knuckles" are on the right. This way, the weight of the gobo(or whatever the c-stand is holding) makes the gobo head self-tighten. If the knuckles are on the left then the head will loosen due to the weight.

No comments: