Monday, July 24, 2006

Weekend

Sorry I didn't post this weekend, I was on that music video this weekend. It was, by far, the dirtiest shoot I've ever been on... on Saturday we shot in a foundry with at least two inches of dust on every surface plus wiring that looked like it was from the 1800's, and on Sunday we shot in a junk yard(which was surprisingly pretty clean). But I will have to replace my grip gloves soon if I do too many shoots like that again.

and all I did today at mole was clean up from the ASC shoot and get ready for AFI's day in the stage tomorrow. It was pretty laid back, but Larry was running around a lot to a bunch of meetings and there were some, "logistical issues" he had to take care of. Oh, and more good news... Andrew got a part-time job under his current internship doing music supervising stuff, which I hear is just a bunch of sitting around listening to music all day... and getting paid for it!? Hahahaha, just kidding, Andrew. Well, now I am sitting in Norris theater at USC waiting for Andrew to project Nosferatu.

PhillM tip-of-the-day:
Here is an easy way to coil long cable- first pull the cable out all the way in a straight line. Then start at the very center of the cable(why pull the weight of all 100ft when you can just pull the weight of half?). Face one end with your feet spaced about the width of your shoulders and start coiling clockwise(try to bend the knees, not the back). Once you've coiled that half, flip the coil over and repeat this facing the other way. Then tie the coil with the cable ties or rope(if there are any) in a square knot, and, presto! You've coiled 100ft of cable 50ft at a time.

No comments: