Sunday, July 16, 2006

Jobs, jobs, and more jobs

I got a paid gig the other day doin some G&E stuff for a team from San Francisco. I am excited, it should be a lot of fun. I also helped out on a USC thesis shoot on Saturday. It was a lot of fun, I am so glad to be working, even if some of it is for free, I don't mind. So now I have for sure one paid job lined up and at least two other free gigs lined in the next couple of weeks. My weekends are starting to fill up- yay!

Oh, Andrew and I got two couches today. We got one full size couch and one love seat that turns into a sleeper for only $150 for the pair! And they are in practically perfect shape, too! So our new apartment is slowly getting some furniture in it, very exciting. Also exciting is that Joe comes back tomorrow! I can't wait for him to start working on projects again!

PhillM tip-of-the-day:
By putting a source 2 or 3 feet directly above the camera when adding a little fill light, your light becomes "self-matting" because the actor is blocking his/her own shadow.

2 comments:

Gungirl said...

everyone needs a little Phill...light. i'm learning so much from you even though you're so far away! i'm so glad that you're doing well in la-la land. keep it up!

Anonymous said...

yeah, Phill, I'm digging the tip-of-the-days!